Celibacy/Abstinence/Desire while meditating

Hello Dhananjay,

Thankyou for your reply to my last question.I have a couple more to ask.

1. I am practicing meditation and sometimes there are images of past viewed porn coming strongly into the mind.There is a often a strong sexual charge felt in the body, an erection and strong desire.At these moments i have simply been observing the sensations arise and pass on with equanimity; all the while keeping my breath deep and even; and sure enough the erection subsides, and the image fades.This process feels as though the old impressions are being cleansed and gradually losing their sting.However the mind is still very interested in the images, and sometimes i feel as though i am indulging in mental masturbation albeit for short periods of time.At the times when i have felt particularly strong sensations surfacing, i am aware of a small discharge of lubricating pre-ejaculate from the penis.This alerts me to the fact that arousal is quite high.When this fluid is noticed, have i crossed a line and entered dangerous territory, and should i stop the meditation before it gets to this point?Please could you clarify this for me.

2. Do you have any recommendations for an aspirant living in a very cold climate, in regards to early wake-up and yoga practice.
I know that a cold, stiff body is not very responsive to yoga.

Thankyou very much for your response.

1. One should nip these thoughts in the bud, replace them with thoughts of reality (that the body is a foul bag of flesh that eventually rots away and is never worth losing one's vital fluid over) and establish wisdom, by immediately reverting the mind back to meditation on the formless Supreme/self.

Do not fight with lust. It is not possible to win over Maya through reasoning. Such is the nature of cosmic illusion, that it cannot be wrestled with and won over. Maya is annulled only through destruction of past Samskara-s (impressions) & Vasana-s (tendencies) through long and patient Sadhana, following which consciousness identifies itself with the ever pure self and shines with luster.

2. The climate poses no trouble if Brahmacharya is maintained in totem with all the Yogic practices. Proper transmutation of the vital energy increases 'Yogagni' (fire of Yoga), through which the body can be maintained warm, even in freezing temperatures. The aspirant can easily develop the ability to withstand extreme cold, as his core constantly radiates the fire, which is a byproduct of transmutation.

To kindle this fire, one must not use excessively warm clothing, but rather allow the body itself to produce the required heat, with normal clothing. Then, in due course, the objective will be achieved.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.