Celibacy/Abstinence/Hatred, diet and other paths

Dear Dhananjay,

Although you have been quite clear on some of the below subjects, I just can't seem to manage to overcome them.

My masturbation problem is due to past childhood karma and harm done to (an)other(s) thereof.

The main trigger of a strange masturbation session is irritation and hatred. I try very hard to overcome this problem but I just don't succeed.

1) How should I react when another person greatly irritates me either by some action of his or even inaction? Hatred remains strong even when not contemplated, despite attempts to bar it.

2) Can raw green chillies be consumed with food?

3) I can't do more than one or two of the suggested asanas due to obesity. I am more inclined towards prayer (it is also overwhelming due to its sheer bulk, incapacitating me to practice yoga). I will be taught sandhyaa with pranayama in a year. Is success still possible?

4) Meanwhile can running at the gym be sufficient? I need to lose a lot of weight which requires strenuous cardio.

1. Drink a glass of water, count to twenty very slowly & walk away from the place, diverting the mind into some other constructive activity. Then drive sense into the Ego through reminder of the fact that negative emotion kills and destroys the one who indulges. Resorting to negativity is the resort of the foolish, who suffer and repent at the end. Forgiving, by holding on to one's true nature of divinity is the way of the wise.

2. Green chilly in small quantities does not pose trouble.

During the initial few years of Brahmacharya, it is advisable to follow as bland a diet as possible, as past Samskara-s are very strong and can cause sudden loss of equilibrium when they surface. Highly spiced food has a higher chance of causing such triggers. For this reason, a low spiced diet is advised. After one one becomes an Urdhvareta (further to mastering Savikalpa Samadhi), food does not cause much trouble as many of the troublesome Samskara-s have been annulled.

3. Practice to the extent possible. Never give up. Follow the path shown by destiny. The Lord makes different people take different approaches, based on their individual constitution. When one's efforts for liberation are genuine, success eventually comes.

4. Yes, strive to lose some amount of weight.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.