Celibacy/Abstinence/Asana practice

Dear sir,

I have been doing Yoga practices (as you outlined) for the past 6 months. (1. Asana(30 minute),2. bandha(3 mnt), 3. Nadisodhana(5 mnt), 4. Pranayama(10 mnt)with 32 sec retention 5.Meditation (30 mnt)

Related to asanas, I have been following the below sequence
1. Padmasana(1 minutes with both legs seperately X 2 times)
2. Vajrasana(3 minutes)
3. Ardha paschimottanasana (with both legs 10 seconds each X 2 times
4. Paschimottanasana (20 seconds X 2 times)
5. Halasana,(20 second X 2 times)
6. Sarvangasana (3 minutes)

I have 2 questions,

1) Padmasana: Initially I was doing padmasana in only one way (right foot on left thigh (first) and left foot on right thigh),
Recently I  started doing padmasana in  2 ways (left foot on right thigh(first) and right foot on left thigh): Is this ok?

2.I used to sit in padmasana(right foot on left thigh (first) and left foot on right thigh) for doing pranayama and in siddhasana for doing meditation. (by the time meditation is over I feel severe knee joint pain, is this normal?

thank you in advance for your kind comments

1. Right foot on left thigh (first) and left foot on right thigh next, both pulled in tight, is the correct method.

2. Yes. It is normal to feel some numbness and pain after long seating for the beginner. There is no cause for worry, as the same disappears after getting up and stretching.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.