Celibacy/Abstinence/Karmic illnesses

Hello sir,

Much appreciate you taking the time to answer questions. I've been practicing brahmacharya for a little over a year. So much has changed with my body since then. Mentally, I feel incredibly sharp and my memory has improved considerably. Physically, I always have an abundance in energy and feel lithe and quick. Even my voice and face have changed, surprisingly. But despite these physical benefits, I've also been dealing with some strange illnesses that started several months ago.

I've been to different doctors many times, but they're unable to detect anything. I've read through past answers and perhaps it could be karmic illnesses being burnt up? Perhaps it could be me not transmuting properly? I don't meditate often. I'm striving to become a writer, so much of my energy is directed towards that. Is it okay to practice brahmacharya for the sake of a creative pursuit? There's a famous musician, and I could tell simply from the tone of his speaking voice and manner of walking that he has much seminal energy stored up.

Sorry if the questions are a bit messy and unclear. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1. It is important to take up the complete set of suggested practices, so as to ensure effective transmutation. Not doing so can result in stagnation of energy, causing various problems and eventually a break.

2. He who practices unbroken Brahmacharya in thought, word & deed using the Yogic methods suggested, with surrender to God, does not require any doctor or administration of external medication. Many of these illnesses are such that they cannot be diagnosed through external means. However, all of them will be completely routed out if the practice is unbroken and honest.

The karmic illnesses which surface en route are to be borne, so as to evacuate the source karma. The stored 'Ojas' will eventually eradicate the toxins responsible for the illnesses. The vital energy in the honest Brahmachari is more than sufficient to help him bear all such illnesses, which surface whilst cleansing of the three bodies, during the initial years. Simply persevere with correct practice, turning a blind eye to these temporary deviations in health.

3. If the practice is proper, with devotion to the Supreme, abundant energy will be available for creative pursuits. One might follow any such pursuit. However, one should not develop attachment and craving for the same, but always be detached, as an actor playing a role.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.