Celibacy/Abstinence/Prana - Common man & Realized souls

Question
Dear Dhananjay Guruji, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer our silly questions, as they do come from the foolish ignorant ego who has no business other than to react to situations without thorough understanding and objective contemplation. Unfortunately, these questions also come from my ego and I've tried long and hard to transcend these worries and abandon such ego driven concerns but it's been a long time and it still remains to be cleared. I have suffered heavy loss of prana due to abrahmacharya.

(1) When an aspirant approaches the supreme state of atma consciousness, do their prana levels increase towards the infinite nature of the atma? I tried seeking the answer in your past posts and you did infact mention that an enlightened man who resides in the atma has access to infinite life force energy but then I saw other posts where you mentioned that the amount of prana a jiva will receive is preordained and the prana which is lost is lost forever. If you could explain the dynamics of prana levels when one begins his ascent towards the atma that would be great! I would really like to see past the illusory nature of this fear and press forward with my sadhana.

(2) Also, I have been noticing repeating signs in my life that a relationship with a woman is in my foreseeable future and I would just like to know before hand what the nature of the karmic exchange should be in a spiritual relationship between man and woman in order for it to be conducive to my quest for self realization. In other words, what should a man seek or learn from the female energy so he can transcend duality and unite as a whole within himself? This is a concern because I fear any relationship with a woman for me will be rife with lustful temptation on my behalf which will cause me to plummet back into the tangles of Maya. How can I find God in a woman, rather than Maya?

Answer
1. To whom does presence or absence of Prana concern? It concerns the body and the mind, which one is not. The Atman being the source of Prana is beyond cause and effect. So as regards the Enlightened soul which has merged into universal consciousness, there is pure consciousness alone (in the state of Samadhi, where the body & mind do not exist), therefore, the question of Prana does not apply to one in that state, which is of the nature of infinite.

However, as soon as the Enlightened soul manifests in the world through the 'Nirmana Chitta' (constructed mind & Ego, playing a role such as say a Guru), consciousness temporarily functions through the constructed Ego & mind, so as to communicate and deliver instruction to the disciples. Then, the question of Prana applies to that body & constructed mind. So even Enlightened sages eat a little food, drink water & breathe air, so as to help the body sustain itself, based on the activity it is subjected to.

The question of semen does not apply to the realized sage, for his body long stopped producing semen while crossing the state of 'Urdhvaretas' itself, which comes much before self-realization (where it got stabilized into 'Soma' [the subtle most form of 'Bindu' or the universal cosmic seed] at the Ajna chakra). The physical body of the realized soul is not like the ordinary physical body of the common man. It is in a very high frequency of vibration, of the nature of the cosmos itself. It is similar to a body made of light, though it appears as though made of flesh.

In case of the normal man whose consciousness associates itself with the world, body & mind as reality, the infinite cosmic power, represented as 'Bindu', lies in its gross most form namely Semen. Since such a Jiva perceives itself as separate from the universe, the amount of Bindu is also limited, as long as such perception exists. With this limited Bindu itself should the Jiva sustain its life activity and strive to realize the self, so as to eventually overcome the sense of separateness via self-realization.

Loss of semen via recreational sexuality results in loss of Bindu. A Jiva which loses much Bindu this way, will not have at its disposal, the enormous amount of vital Pranic energy necessary to propel itself into 'Samadhi', so as to realize itself.

2. Relationship with the opposite sex as man-woman should always be within the bounds of lawful marriage, taken to its purpose of progeny at the earliest. Then, man can refocus on his life of Brahmacharya, to realize the self, further to the birth of a child. Any other kind of relationship is not conducive to evolution and ends in suffering. If marriage is destined as per the will, of the higher power, it will transpire without doubt. Focus on your Sadhana and leave the rest to HIM, who takes care of everything.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay