Celibacy/Abstinence/Relevance of Veg & Non-Veg

Question
Thanks for answering my previous question. I am a bodybuilder. And to satiate my daily protein requirements i ought to eat eggs daily. I do not eat meat, fish etc. But eggs i do. For brahmacharya it is advised not to eat eggs. My question is that if we can harm trees and herbs for our food requirement then why can't we eat eggs from hen. Both are living beings. If its permitted with respect to plants then why not eggs??? I have just asked this because for me, on behalf of body builder it is mandatory to have eggs. Plus i want to undertake celibacy. So i am confused to have eggs or not... Plz help me. thankyou

Answer
1. Eating food for survival, be it vegetarian or non-vegetarian does not constitute 'Himsa' (obstructing evolution of another life). Every creature is urged by various factors in nature, to eat the kind of food necessary for its survival and well being.

2. Different kinds of foods produce different kinds of reactions. Meat & eggs being 'Rajasic' (activating) in nature, have the tendency to agitate the mind and make one aggressive. This poses a higher chance of stimulating one's base nature. In the beginner Yogi, the base Samskara-s (impressions) and Vasana-s (tendencies) gathered from his past are still very strong and heavy. Since these types of foods can stir those base tendencies and cause a downfall, the beginner, in general, is asked to try and avoid these foods during the initial years of Brahmacharya. There is no other reason.

In case of the advanced Yogi, the type the of food does not matter much, as most of the base Samskara-s have been dissolved. He can eat a little of whatever is available, based on the nature of his activity and yet stay unaffected.

3. For now, eat eggs to the extent required for the physical exertion involved. Practice Brahmacharya and Yoga in the way advised. The higher power will eventually make the necessary changes required in both food and lifestyle, based on the activity and level of advancement.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay