Celibacy/Abstinence/Symbolism of centipedes

Hello, Thank you for your valuable answers. It really helps a lot.

I have a strange question. My inner guidance sometimes comes in the form of symbols. Twice now, my attachment to sensory pleasure has been symbolized by a centipede-like creature. In my latest vision the creature was crawling down my spine. Have you ever encountered this symbol before, either personally or in scripture and such? This is not an important question, feel free to ignore it, I'm just curious.

Best regards,

Different people go through different kinds of visions and experiences during the initial stages. All these however are only in the realm of the mind and do not concern the self. They can be taken as encouragements, but should not be given undue importance.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.