Celibacy/Abstinence/Advice on meditaion

Question
Dear Sir,

1. During meditation, should the eyes be closed?

2. For focussing on the Trikuti, should the eyeballs physically look at the Trikuti? or should the eyes be closed and the attention is to be fixed on a point? When I try to fix my gaze at the Trikuti, there is a slight pain in my eye after some seconds. What could be done to fix my gaze on the Trikuti for longer duration?

3. Kindly give me some advice on the meditation technique.

Thanks a lot.

Answer
1. When the practices preceding meditation (Asana, Bandha, Nadi Shodhana, Pranayama) are rightly practiced, as described in past answers, the mind turns blank & the eyes automatically close in meditation.

2. There is neither the need to physically look at the Thrikuti, nor the need to fix the eyes to a point. What is required is proper application of the preceeding methods suggested, in an unbroken manner, for many years, following which the mind merges into the self and unreal things such as the body, eyebrows, mind etc. no longer exist.

Detailed description of the required meditation on the formless Supreme are available in past answers. Go through each and every answer from the start and slowly absorb the essence, applying it in practice.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay