Celibacy/Abstinence/Behaviour towards girls

Namastey Sir.. I have been practising brahmacharya since a month. My question is- Does mere chatting with girls on whatsapp break my celibacy?? Provided the chat is just friendly and not at all intimate..

It will eventually do so, for idle talk stimulates the senses in course of time, leading to loss of focus and thereby a break in Brahmacharya. Those serious of establishing unbroken Brahmacharya should maintain mental & verbal contact with either gender and especially the opposite gender to the minimum and cut all unnecessary interactions.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.