Celibacy/Abstinence/Charity

Question
Dear,

Miser and the accumulator of material goods as we escape and effect substitute the "generosity" and "charity" which would escape and substitute effect for illicit sexual desire?

I thank you,

kind regards,

Jorge Diogo (Rio de Janeiro - Brazil)

Answer
Recreational sexual desire does not subside with charity of material goods or money, for, such charity is again done with doership - "I am giving these things and helping people", which eventually leads to bloating of the Ego. That which is done to oneself or others, expecting something in return does not give Brahmacharya. Brahmacharya (which is the state of the self) comes only when one performs 'Nishkama Karma' (actions performed with surrender to God, expecting nothing in return).

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay