Celibacy/Abstinence/Depletion of Joints

Hi Sir

I wish to ask how lack of Brahmacharya affect one knee joint ?

I am young and run a lot.

I believe that knee problem in old people is mainly cause by semen depletion in long run 10-15 years.A lack of brahmacharya cause more damage to the knee than what aging can cause.

I never see people who pratice yoga complain stiffness in joint or knee problem even in old age. I also believe through yoga pratice, yogic fire improve the strenth and flexibility.

Please kindly share your view.

1. The entire system, including bones and joints degrade further to loss of the seed, in the course of time. The first signs of excessive loss of seed (which eventually occurs in all those who commit to a life of recreational sexuality) is seen through drying up of the 'Synovial Fluid' which is necessary for healthy functioning of the joints. As this fluid dries up, the joints turn stiff, accompanied with increasing pain. Flexibility and litheness deteriorates. Eventually, they degenerate completely and become nonfunctional.

2. The human joint is not designed for much running. Doing so will also cause joint problems in the course of time. Brisk and fast walking is the better option.

3. 'Rethas' (semen) transmuted into 'Ojas' (subtle vital energy) keeps the entire system healthy, efficient and full of vitality, as it was during youth.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.