Celibacy/Abstinence/ego and childhood trauma

Hello Dhananjay,

I have a few questions thankyou:

1.I have come to the two month mark in my practice, and im feeling optimistic.One thing however that has surfaced recently, and which my ego is taking a tough stand on is the subject of the traumatic procedure of infant circumcision which in the egos view is tantamount to genital mutilation, and sexual assault, usually performed without anaesthetic, without the childs consent, and which has many reprecussions down the line.Having been circumcised as an infant, all of a sudden there is a desire to know all about it and perhaps even to ask my parents why it was done, and to have a conversation with them about it.

My question to you is that is this just the ego sensing that it is under threat, and trying to create a new drama in order to keep itself alive and unhappy.If so what is the best way to proceed.My intuition is saying that revisiting childhood trauma will just strengthen the ego, but might having a conversation with my parents be a way of bringing something dark and unspoken- of into the light?Your insight would be appreciated on this matter.

2.Would you ever recommend basti(enema) either with sesame oil to lubricate the colon and calm vata dosha, or with dashamoola to help remove excess vata(nervous tension) from the body, or even a coffee enema quite popular in the west as a means of releasing toxins from the liver.

3.I read somewhere that some men are unconsciously attracted to celibacy for the following reason-
That they were 'mothers boys' in their childhood and played the role of surrogate father due to their fathers emotional  non-involvement with the mother.Their role in childhood was a protective one, and in adulthood they feel they cannot relax because they feel their mother isnt being taken care of by the father  etc.So they feel that being with another woman is betraying their mother, and thus eventually come to a life of celibacy so as to avoid this betrayal.Please comment on this Dhananjay.

Thankyou very much for your response.

1. Different paths employ different approaches. Based on one's past karma, the body gets subjected to different experiences in the current existence. Do not worry about the past, but focus on the future, through honest Sadhana. The best outcome is assured. One is not the body or the mind but the Atman (soul), which has no birth and death. Everything else is an illusion.

2. To him who takes up Yogic practices along with Brahmacharya and a Yogic lifestyle, no treatment will be necessary.

3. The Male Jiva is closer to 'Purusatvam' (Essence of the Atman), than the female, which is closer to 'Maya' (illusion & the resulting desire). Therefore, it is easier for men to tend towards Brahmacharya.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.