Celibacy/Abstinence/Meditation and eyes position

Question
QUESTION: Hi,

This is an interesting thing. WHen I meditate i learnt to close the eyes and move the eyeballs upward to the forehead and then the mind get more concentrated in one thing and the lower part of he body(legs) feel more refreshed, not so tense. As if one turn the eyeballs upward one could forget the body easily, what is your opinion?

It happens that after some time even with eyes closed and in that position, one start to see white lights and get refreshment in the body. Those white lights in circles or on all the eye vision is the prana energy going upward? More one practice brahmacharya more strong are the effects? THis trick helped me more in meditation than all others methods like breathing and others.

Thanks

ANSWER: 1. The 'Thrikuti' (region between the eyebrows) is the confluence of the three 'Nadi's - Ida, Pingala & Sushumna. When one performs meditation through focus at this center, the left and right energies represented by Ida and Pingala merge into the Sushumna, leading to complete equilibrium of the energies. This is a pre-requisite, if the mind has to be merged into the Atman (self), by overcoming body & mind consciousness, so as to attain 'Samadhi'(super-consciousness)

2. Lights and visions which crop up in the process, as regards the beginner are distractions and impediments. They are not of any value. One should not divert his mind, seeking such experiences, but should ever be steadfast in merging the mind into the Atman, where there are no lights, no sounds, no thoughts, no body or mind awareness, but only silence of the nature of infinity.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Thanks Sir.

I ask you because you are the only one who know this. When i meditate and become aware of the sleep process, the body starts to feel heavy in the bed after let say 20 minutes of meditation. After that some parts of the body starts to move in a jumpy way like the arms without me exercising any pressure and i feel sometimes little pain in the nails. After this sometimes its when i see the light all white and those moment are refreshing for the entire body and i feel very light and the heaviness disapear. this is purification right? If i repeat this everyday the body get purification?

Answer
Focus on merging the mind into the Atman and do not aspire for anything else. That which has to happen (be it purification or something else) will happen on its own accord, to him who attains to Yoga. Your aim should be to destroy the mind and merge it in the truth and not worry about the body, visions, lights or purification (which all concern the non-self)

ॐ तत् सत्

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay