Celibacy/Abstinence/Pranayama difficulties

Question
Sir, it has nearly been 150 days of brahmacharaya. Currently, I am practicing 40 second retentions through Pranayam but there are problems.

In the beginning of the 40 second phase, I could easily do this without any problems. However, whenever, I practice 40 second retentions, I get a slight, recurring head pain and stomach pain after the practice. I do not know the cause. I do not want the head pain or the stomach pain. Should I stop pranayam or reduce the seconds of retention?

Is there any cause for alarm? This is quite strange because I've been able to practice 40 second retentions quite well in the beginning, but now there are problems.

Answer
1. Reduce the retention period to the one which does not cause discomfort.

2. There is no cause to worry. Practice lower counts till application of higher counts does not cause any discomfort. The body should gradually be eased into the practice, however long it may take.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay