Celibacy/Abstinence/Brahmacharya and menstruation

Question
Dear Dhananjay,

Namaste. I live in South America and was one of the victims of media, friends and "sexual education" encouraging women to masturbate and explore their sexuality. Despite I have found God early in life and the Lord became so important to me, I only came across an enlightened Guru who taught me the importance of celibacy, continence and transmutation of sexual drive as a way of life later in life. Since then I learnt some practices to sublimate sexual drive and avoid masturbating, which I found out to be demeaning and really low practice that could even drive me crazy and I am not exagerating, because after months of sublimating I fell and consequences for mind and sould were terrible afterwards.

So I am trying to master over myself and not fall never again in my life. It is not easy as I have to pass over long periods of purity followed by a few sad falls. I learnt to practice Kundalini Yoga and some pranayamas but still I get in trouble when menstruation comes out and mine lasts too long, even 6 or 7 days when I can not sublimate and hormones drive me and badly arouse me with no chance of sublimating. I dont have a couple and wont have sexual relationships until a good man who wants to practice Brahmacharya comes to my life. Or maybe I wont have sexual relationships again and thats fine to me.

Also it is so sad that most advice related to sublimation or Brahmacharya is directed towards men as if women were not suited to this task. Please, give me some advice on how to help myself when I am menstruating and if possible, recommend me books and reading on this sensitive matter, on how to help women get Brahmacharya and purity, also when a women is menstruating.

Thank you so much and please forgive my English

Beatriz

Answer
1. The process of Sublimation as regards women, has been addressed in detail, in past answers.

2. Go through the Yogic life and Sadhana suggested in past answers and apply the advise cent percent. Sublimation will activate in the course of time. Proper and unbroken practice of Brahmacharya, as suggested, with surrender to God will resolve excessive menstruation without doubt.

3. Books to be read have also been mentioned in past answers.

Go through each and every answer very slowly & carefully and absorb the essence. Then apply the said methods in practice. The phenomenon of transmutation, the lifestyle to be adopted, and the Sadhana to be applied are the same, both for men and women.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay