Celibacy/Abstinence/Fear of death

Practice of brahmacharya has been steady for the last 8 months with only minor visual and mental breaks that I will also try to resolve.

But a bigger problem now is fear.

I thought of the terrible ways in which people have been killed (Due to recent brutalities conduced against journalists). Specifically, being slowly beheaded or pelted with rocks. And I cowered with fear.

What is going on with me? I tried to fortify myself with the champion words of Swami Vivekananda and told myself to be brave. I will ask my eternal guru for guidance. But I am weak. My hands are limp. The mind, although on a path to always inquire the nature of the self, suddenly focused on the material world and considered the brutal pain these victims must have suffered.

Many aspirants ask you about lust-related queries. But what to make of this? This is just as much a problem to me.

The worst part is considering that such circumstances may befall one's loved ones. And oneself. Please guide me in the right direction. Only your true words will show me the proper manner to compose myself.

1. Fear is unwarranted faith in the negative. It is an illusion and a fancy of the mind, devoid of substance.

2. That which has to happen will happen no matter what and that which is not destined, won't happen, try how hard one may. Knowing it to be such, let go of fears and do your Dharma (to realize the self). He who does so is not affected by any occurrence or non-occurrence and develops the strength to remain indifferent to happiness and sorrow, which are both illusions concerning the Ego.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.