Celibacy/Abstinence/Lust Outbreak

Hi dhananjay,

I want to ask if one progress in brahmacharya, will one suddenly experience a sudden outbreak of lust ?Is it cause by previous suppression that a sudden outbreak of lust come in double the force?

By the grace of the lord I have not make any physical break and I manage to suppress this lust by my will and with increases physical exercise. However, I know I am not safe, as lust still exist on my mental plane.

I know if Brahmacharya at mental level is not achieve, it is not perfected. Other than practising more meditation is other methods available ?

I also discover that physical erection can be control by emptying our lung and diaphragm.By removing/due reading breath one can cease or even remove sexual thoughts.

I wish to seek or opinion on my methods .

Thank you
Om Nano Narayanaya

1. The seeds of past Samskara-s (impressions) dating back to many existences, cause the appearance of the particular emotion they represent, when they surface (be it lust or other traits).

2. Meditation (merging the mind into the absolute) is the final and most superlative methods, beyond which there is nothing. All other Yogic practices are the means to achieve this state and not anything else.

3. Breathing techniques calm the mind to a certain extent. The calmed mind is then to be aplllied on meditation, which as stated above is the superior most.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.