Celibacy/Abstinence/Meditation and Bhuta-Ganas

Hello, Swami Sivananda did wrote a small chapter that during meditation scary visions could appear about beings with deformed bellies or strange faces with terrifying forms he called Bhuta-Ganas. He wrote that one should develope courage and should be able to continue with meditation. Can they hurt someone who is in meditation? In my own experience i never had such visions but since i practice concentration and meditation it happened one time at night around 2-3am. in bed i heard like if someone was talking to me in my hear when i sleep on my left side. Maybe its because the heart suffer pressure and then that illusion happen.

1. All these visions are illusions concerning the mind, devoid of substance.

2. One should turn a blind eye to such imagination, which is nothing but meaningless fancy and focus on the self.

No harm comes to him who holds on to the self, for all these concern the non-self which is unreal.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.