Celibacy/Abstinence/Secretion of lubricating fluid

QUESTION: Pranaam gurudev,
It's been nearly 3 years since I started my journey of brahmacharya. Its all because god came into my life in your form. Please accept my gratitude.

I had one doubt. Is the secretion of lubricating fluid as debilitating as expelling semen as in case of masturbation? Is it considered a break?

ANSWER: 1. Secretion of lubricating fluid is the effect of a mental break.

2. It results in a partial physical break, which will eventually result in a complete break in practice if the activity which caused it is repeated. Hence, one should maintain perfect Brahmacharya in thought, word & deed. The true Brahmachari does not expel any kind of sexual fluid.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Pranaam Gurudev,

Please accept my gratitude for listening to me.

I too was taken aback and felt very ashamed of this incident as this has happened to me after around one and a half year.It just happened in a moment due to a certain movie scene on TV which was related to my sinful past.It was as if I went back to the time I used to indulge in this poisonous habit.But this has made me to come out of it more strong and now I'm feeling that nothing can shake my brahmacharya as now I've recognised my weakness and have started practicing more vigrously.

I still had some queries,gurudev-

1.Has this incident placed me backwards in my sadhana or it was a 'prarabdh' which worked out?

2.Also,I wanted to confirm whether it harmed my sadhana like a full physical break or was I just saved from it,just in time, by god's grace?

3.Whether I can be forgiven and my sadhana can still be counted continued from here as there was no expellation of gross semen?

4.Also,am I in a better position than I would have been if I would have had a full physical break?

1. All incidents which are the result of Prarabdha are designed to help one emerge wiser. One should learn from them and not repeat.

2. A mental break is the beginning of downfall, which completes through a physical break if not careful. Since there hasn't been a voluntary physical break, it is not a complete break, which resets practice. Hence avoid the same in future and persevere properly.

3. Yes

4. The body loses some Prana and vital power further to a partial break. As long as the same is not repeated, the effects will reverse in a few months.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.