Celibacy/Abstinence/Skin health.

Hello Dhananjay,

I have a few questions regarding the health of the skin.I have been practicing brahmacharya for a few months now with many benefits.Skin health may seem off the topic but it keeps on coming up for me.

My main concern is dry skin on the face.In the west, skin care is huge business and i have accepted the idea that the skin needs to be moisturized.But it never feels supple and healthy and rather dry and tight.I realize there are many factors that contribute- diet,climate,water intake etc.The face is not something i want to concern myself with too much, i already feel this has led me to unnecessary vanity and identification with the body.

Please could you tell me, 1. What is the most healthy and natural way to look after the skin.I realize that being starved of prana my also contribute to lifeless skin.
2.How much do the omega 3's contribute, and water?Which nuts and seeds do you recommend that dont lead to a feeling of heaviness in the body.
3.Would a yogi use anything on the face.
4.Any other recommendations.

Thankyou Sir.

1. The Yogi, who transmutes through unbroken Brahmacharya does not require moisturizer or soap, under general weather conditions. The body remains hydrated, naturally, through Brahmacharya. Such independence gets set after a few years of practice.

Commercially available applications are chemical in nature and toxify the system. They cause skin damage in the course of time. It is not advisable.

2. In very cold climates where the beginner may feel the need to hydrate skin, one can apply the cream of milk or a natural oil of olive or coconut in the morning and wash it away while showering. This removes excess oil and leaves a thin film, sufficient to prevent dryness.

A balanced and nutritious diet, as applicable to the concerned geography, containing all nutrients suffices.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.