Celibacy/Abstinence/Why alcohol is detrimental

Question
I stopped drinking. I always drank but then as I practiced brahmacharya for some time ive remarked myself when I drank i felt like the stronger the alcohol is, the more it attracts the vital energy of the head, legs, to the intestine region where the liquid is and that brings the sensation of being drunk. It slows down purification and impede good energy flow. Even if this is not lust and the symptoms are different, drinking alcohol is similar as engaging in gluttony. In that case one cannot concentrate or meditate well, at least for a common person.

Answer
In addition to the debilitating and toxic effects of alcohol at the physical & mental levels, it increases 'Tamas' (darkness & inertia), hindering 'Gnyana' (knowledge of the truth), 'Vichara' (inquiry) & 'Viveka' (wisdom). Under lack of these three, the body & Ego identified consciousness gets wholly sense oriented, indulges in actions not to be indulged in, adding to the seeds of negative karma. 'Buddhi' (fine, discerning intellect) gets replaced with 'Kama' (desire) and 'Krodha' (anger). Then starts falling apart progress towards the self, ending in sorrow & suffering. Hence the wise stay clear of such indulgence.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay