Celibacy/Abstinence/Meditation, My-Self,

Beloved Dhananjay,

I go about my days enduring and overcoming, daily. Although, for the most part, the same events happen day by day, I learn about how I go about things and how illusive the world is. I must surrender daily. I have come to a point where it seems imperative to keep my mind on or in my Self, literally (even my body). If my senses are tuned outward, the world oppresses upon me and it seems like I am oppressing some perspective upon the world. Withdrawing to my Self, which is a very peculiar way of perceiving, is comfortable. I must balance how I express myself and how I perceive on a balance beam between these two "states" of consciousness.

I am telepathic. Therefore, I constantly perceive minds' words when I do not have inner silence. It's like I draw their quick opinions. Minds are very, very unstable/fickle.

1. Am I further deluded by keeping these two perceived "states of consciousness" separate?

2. Is keeping to my "within" perspective, by pulling my senses inward, the right way to go about my daily activities? Is there any special teaching that I could make use of? A specific Yoga for example?

3. When I do pull my senses in, sometimes I feel a physical, subtle energy currents being pulled back to my body, rather than them extending from my body to their stimulus. Am I deluded or what is this energy?

4. When I am meditating, I can just "be". I can also just "do" by giving my full attention to my trikuti. I can also hold a "being" and "doing" by keeping a part of my attention in and working through my Self as well as concentrate my focus on my trikuti. Am I learning how my consciousness works? Is this the third way the right way to go about things? I don't quite understand what I am doing or whether it is worth my time.

You are much appreciated.

1. One should merge into the self. Nothing more is required. Attention on other things such as telepathy is not to be encouraged.

2. Perform honest Sadhana and learn to hold on to the self, detached from everything external (though indulging in activity enthusiastically as may be required). This alone gives the right results.

3. It is all a play of the mind, which manifests in different ways. He who merges the mind into the source has no issues.

4. When you meditate, the 'I' should eventually go away. There should be no 'I' to describe things as you are now doing. There should be no 'I' which did this or that or felt anything else. When that 'I' merges into its source, the real 'I' (Atman-self) alone remains. That is meditation.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.