Celibacy/Abstinence/Severe problems from Masturbation

Ok, so I'll briefly describe my story. I have been masturbating since a very young age, and was even encouraged to and told it was perfectly fine and healthy. So I took that seriously and from about age 11 or 12 (before my body started producing semen) have been masturbating 2-4 times per day. Around age 13 or 14 I began noticing I had less energy, and it even caused me to quite soccer (which I was very good at) and my grades began to slip. Around age 15 I started experiencing increased anxiety (particularly social) and at 16 became quite depressed and develops great worries in my life, from sexual issues, to social issues, and it was a very tough time. Fast forward to today, I am 18 and still experience anxiety and depression on a daily basis, along with low energy, trouble focusing, trouble sleeping, and low motivation. I recently stumbled upon the Hindu concept of brahmacharya all the symptoms in Sri swami sivanandas book on brahmacharya he lists regarding the ill effects of masturbation match mine. Now I am not Hindu, I was born catholic, but will quitting this habit and abstaining for several months restore that lost vitality from my young that I long for??

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

1. Go through each and every past answer and apply the suggested methods meticulously. The issue will gradually reverse further to proper transmutation via Brahmacharya, through Yoga Sadhana.

2. Mere abstinence is not Brahmacharya. The sexual energy cannot be contained, if not transmuted to higher regions. Hence one should surrender to the God he believes in and take up practice in an honest manner.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.