Celibacy/Abstinence/Taking up Pranayama

Hello Sir,

Very good evening. Could you please clear my following doubts?

1. In case of Mula and Jalandhara banda, we practice kumbhaka (retention of breath) but in case of Uddiyana bandha, we have to exhale completely. How can we perform all three together? what should be state of breath while performing these together. If I am doing these separately, is it necessary to do these together before starting nadi shodhna?

2. I am practicing kapalbhati and bhramari pranayama since long time but I don't do Kumbhaka. I feel bit tired after doing pranayama in the following sequence.

(i) Bhastrika
(ii) Kapalbhati
(iii) Bahaya
(iv) Anuloma - viloma

Please let me know if I should leave these and start doing Bandha, nadi sodhna and nadi shodhna with Kumbhaka as mentioned in your previous answer.

1. When each is done successively, in a continuous manner, without break, it is Tribandha.

2. Since those techniques have been performed for a considerable amount of time, Asana, Bandha, Nadi Shodhana and Pranayama may be taken up, as described earlier.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.