Celibacy/Abstinence/Transmutation method

Dear Sir,

A very simple question:

If I am consciously preserving my semen and focusing my mind on worldly activities like career, book-reading, intellectualizing, basically doing anything except thinking about sex, sexual acts and hence channelling my preserved energy to intellectual pursuits - do you think I will reach the same position or place as one who abstains from sex and does japa, mediation, etc? I mean, putting it straightforward, is it necessary to do japa to achieve brahmacharya? Without japa if someone is completely abstaining from any sexual thoughts or activities is going to be equally satisfying as japa AND brahmacharya?

1. Conserved sexual energy is to be transmuted through three components; physical, mental and spiritual, in case of the beginner.

2. One transmutes the physical component through physical activity or moderate exercise, the mental through constructive mind work and the spiritual component through Sadhana, resulting in meditation. On proper application of all three, the conserved semen is sublimated and transmuted. Failure to properly apply any one of the three will eventually result in a break.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.