Celibacy/Abstinence/Brahmacharya & Weight

QUESTION: Hello sir,i am age 21 i have been practicing celibacy for an year, in the time i have lost almost 10 kgs weight nd having cough and breathing problm.

ANSWER: Forceful celibacy is injurious. Sexual energy is to be transmuted via the required Yoga Sadhana. Go through each and every past answer and apply the suggested methods. The practice of Brahmachayra does not lead to abrupt weight loss or ill health. That is the result of some other cause.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Sir, i am doing sirsasana and jap and some pranayama and now my breathing problem and disesase is cured but my body has become a bit slim.is it ok to do sirsasana i feels a bit headache after sirsasana.

Yogic lifestle, when applied gradually, over a period of time in a consistent manner, negate all issues of the body & mind. Apply the practices with commitment and devotion. Things will resolve.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.