Celibacy/Abstinence/Combating Loneliness

Question
Dear sir,

I broke myself the other day, due to large intake of alcohol the previous night. I was in the house alone all day and just felt lonely.
I have recently quit smoking for good and I mean good, I'm reading books and listening to audio books on quitting smoking they help a lot, this is good as I finally feel a great sense of freedom from quitting now.
I think I drank the alcohol due to the pressure of quitting smoking I'm not a regular drinker (rarely) and only seem to drink when the pressure of life gets to me, this I must conquer.

I live with my family at home at the moment, I have my own business for a little while now and will be looking to move out sometime early summer next year. I am a single man, I know I have to remain strong to grow, I hope that I meet new friends and good people however I'm frightened of regularly being alone in the flat, this is why I have been wanting to get a dog. I don't know the future maybe I move in with flat mates, I need to grow up and realise that I can only count on God, it's just I don't really want to be regularly alone in a flat although I must move out to grow. Sometimes I wish I could be the outgoing person who does what he wants with no conscience, the pain is too much though.

I appreciate you wandering my previous question.
Hope to hear from you.

Peace
Joe

Answer
With proper Sadhana, these issues will iron out eventually. There's no harm in having a dog, however, one has to learn to hold on to the self and be at peace, content in the inner self alone. That alone is eternal.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay