Celibacy/Abstinence/Increased Appetite during Brahmacharya

Hi, I have been doing brahmacharya for 4 months now and out of nowhere my appetite has increased so much, almost double in calories.  Is this detox?  I almost feel like eating meat to slow this detox down because nothing else is working.  It feels very hard to cope with.  Is it permissible to eat meat in such circumstances?  I am well aware of effects of meat on sexual urges however feel I have discipline to control that if I did eat meat.  Thank you for any insight

Various kinds of reactions can occur, further to the gamut of changes which occur during the initial years of practice. Hunger can oscillate. The beginner does well to avoid meat in the initial years. Later, after much advancement, one eats a little of that which is required for sustenance. He is then not affected by the type of food.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.