Celibacy/Abstinence/Temptations in the path

Question
Dear Sir,

The rapper named eminem said these lyrics "Im trying to stay on fire, so you know if I hate water sprinklers, I don't love the hose" (hoes meaning woman)

I listened to his music regularly in the past don't now as much is negative, The man has musical talent resulting from his fire (sexual purity)?

I know the goal is to become one with god and lose attachment, but I just want to know if it is possible to remain sexually pure whilst giving into lower desires such as smoking or drinking alcohol now and again, will it just make it more difficult but its still possible to remain sexually free?

I mean as a man grows sexually pure and more powerful in his mission to be successful in life will maya bombard this man with temptations of sorts to keep him in, have you had to deal with sorts of temptations, I'm thinking if theres no desire theres no temptation but lets say have you had to deal with what other men would call great temptations?

Hope to hear from you,

peace

Joe

Answer
1. Indulgence in vices (alcohol or tobacco) are all sense pleasures, which weaken the mind further, taking one away from one's true self. As one moves further away from his Atman (self), he gets deeper into the web of ignorance, which ultimately culminates in sexual sin.

2. As one progresses towards his self through Sadhana, the challenges from Maya become more subtle and powerful. One has to constantly exercise Vichara (inquiry) and develop Vairagya (dispassion) to make further progress. Till the final goal is not reached, there is always the chance of downfall.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay