Celibacy/Abstinence/Balance in practice

Question
Dear Dhananjay,

Soon I have finished my first year of absolute Brahmacharya. I have a question on the effects of this practice. I notice that sexual desires are very low, but emotional attachmennts are very, very strong. Sometimes I almost start crying when I say goodbye to a friend, a family member or a student of mine. I feel the inherent pain of separation very strong. At other times I feel very happy. I feel a sort of timeless space in which all experiences come and go, and I'm not afraid of death. Then a moment later I become very emotional again and I don't want the endless separation. It's like I want to be connected with everybody all the time.
Should I worry about this heavy fluctuations in my mind? It's making me tired and confused.

Thank you,

J

Answer
It is normal for the mind to pass through oscillations, till one is established in the self. There is no cause for worry. What is important is to be committed to unbroken and consistent Sadhana.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay