Celibacy/Abstinence/Balance in practice

Dear Dhananjay,

Soon I have finished my first year of absolute Brahmacharya. I have a question on the effects of this practice. I notice that sexual desires are very low, but emotional attachmennts are very, very strong. Sometimes I almost start crying when I say goodbye to a friend, a family member or a student of mine. I feel the inherent pain of separation very strong. At other times I feel very happy. I feel a sort of timeless space in which all experiences come and go, and I'm not afraid of death. Then a moment later I become very emotional again and I don't want the endless separation. It's like I want to be connected with everybody all the time.
Should I worry about this heavy fluctuations in my mind? It's making me tired and confused.

Thank you,

It is normal for the mind to pass through oscillations, till one is established in the self. There is no cause for worry. What is important is to be committed to unbroken and consistent Sadhana.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.