Celibacy/Abstinence/How to censor our thoughts?

Nowadays the newspapers and commercial advertisements are lust provoking. It requires immense care not to look at wrong images while reading news. It becomes so difficult to avoid those kind of images from all our surroundings. I cannot afford to stop surfing the net or stop reading any news/books. Is there any way out? Or these things will even out in the long run and I need not bother? Please help.

With consistent and unbroken Sadhana, one eventually develops the Gnyana to be oblivious of external stimulus. What is required is committed, unbroken Sadhana.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.