Celibacy/Abstinence/Helplessness

Question
QUESTION: Revered Sir,

I have been a follower of this forum and have been trying to practice Brahmacharya since 2012 but have never been able to practice my Sadhana regularly even though I tried to the best of my capacities. There have been so many obstacles which have nearly drained me of my energies.

Last year we made a decision to move back to our native country and I decided against being employed so as to dedicate more time for my Sadhana and started reading spiritual scriptures and listen to various discourses. I continued doing my morning+evening Sadhana, but could not do so regularly due to the circumstances. Then there were episodes of illness which added to the discontinuity.
The breaks in the Sadhana got longer, so long that I have still not been able to restart it. Currently, I feel ill, and experience some kind of digestive problems like acid reflux, bloating, etc and feel low on energy. I some how struggle to get done with the household chores with the help of my spouse. But I am unable to do any kind of asana in this state. All I can manage is nadi shodhana for 10 minutes.

I feel very helpless and am on the verge of a breakdown. And the problem with the health adds to my anxiety.
How can I restore my health and get back to the mode where at least I could try to do my Sadhana?
Could you please kindly advice me.

With Deep Gratitude and Best Regards.

ANSWER:  Take an early morning walk for about 15 minutes. Meditate on the formless Lord as described in past answers for half an hour before dawn and at dusk. Make it a point to take many small, light meals. The issue will get resolved, enabling full Sadhana.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Revered Sir,

I started with 30 mins meditation twice a day and by the Lord's Grace, was able to get to a point where I could do Sadhana twice a day, with basic asanas and nadi shodhana and 30 minutes meditation in the morning and evening. I walk for 30 minutes during the day. I have still not started the Sirshasana, Bandha and Pranayama practice. My digestive issues were getting sorted out.

But over the last 2 weeks, some problems have surfaced again. After food, I burp a lot and get the food smell in the burp. Sometimes, the burp produces a burning feeling in my throat, which has left my throat very raw and inflamed. This usually happens when I drink water after a gap of 1 or 1.5 hours after food.
Throat is so burnt that eating cucumber irritates it. Eating raw vegetables like carrot, beets irritates it.

1. Is there anything I could do to stop the burps and soothe the throat.
2. How much water should one drink, since drinking water also triggers the burping.
3. Before my illness, I would spend a lot of time reading spiritual scriptures and listening to discourses, but now, I am anxious most of the time about the health. Earlier, I had spiritual thoughts in the mind, but now all that is completely replaced by thoughts related to health. I have become obsessed with it. Please help me and kindly tell how to get out of this circle.
Thank You very much.
Best Regards.

ANSWER: 1. Drink small quantities of water in between, during and after food. Later, once the issue is resolved, it can be relaxed if necessary.

2. Small sips of a glass suffice.

3. The body is a product of one's karma. It will take the destined direction. One need not worry about it. The higher power governs all. Take your mind off the body and do your Sadhana honestly. Things will get sorted out in due course.

ॐ तत् सत्

QUESTION: Revered Sir,
1. How much water should one drink through the day.
2. My menstrual cycles are getting shorter. Earlier I had bleeding for about 3 days, lesser on 3rd day and some spotting for 2 more days. But now it has reduced to around 2 days, and some spotting on 3rd and 4th day.
Is this normal?

Thanks a lot again for all the help.
Best Regards.

Answer
1. The quantity varies, based on various factors. As a general pointer, 6-8 large glasses of water suffice.

2. There will be changes in menstruation with the practice. The cycles can shorten and be less intense. There is no cause for worry, as long as one adheres to proper Sadhana as described earlier.

ॐ तत् सत्

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay