Celibacy/Abstinence/Regarding sexual health

Sir, I had bad habit of watching porn and masturbating to it.  But now I have completely stopped this. Now my question if I follow celibacy for 365 days (Since I am single. I have no problem in doing so) will I be less fertile ?

Masturbating is not a bad habit.  It is a good one.  Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  Most younger males masturbate about once a day.  Masturbation is good for your fertility.  I don't believe you will be able to stop masturbating for a year, but it will be bad for your health if you do.

See here to learn more about the health benefits of frequent masturbation:

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

When it comes to celibacy/abstinence, I am more likely to point out the downside of being sexually abstinent. I don't advocate abstinence as a long-term sexual lifestyle. Abstinence is a good thing when the alternative is being sexual in an indiscreet manner, but it is a bad thing when a healthy sexual lifestyle of being monogamous with a partner is available. I frequently answer questions in the masturbation and male masturbation categories on I take all questions pertaining to sexuality.

I am a category expert in the sexuality area on and have written the web site for over thirteen years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.