Celibacy/Abstinence/Calorie Intake

Beloved Dhananjay,

I take in plenty of calories in my diet. I eat all sattvic food. I also take in about 1600-2000 calories a day, and I am not hungry by the time dinner comes.

Is there any change I should make in my calorie count?
Should I eat less for lunch?

Thank you,

One should take recourse to 'Mitahara' (balanced and wholesome diet), which is neither heavy, nor insufficient. The quantity varies from person to person, based on factors such as activity, location, age and various others. The indication of Mitahara is that one feels fresh and light throughout, without the lethargy and uneasiness caused by overeating, nor the hungry and weak feeling of starving.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.