Dear Sir,
I included Shirshasana in my practice since a week. Is it normal to feel slight discomfort in the head, and eye? Can I continue the practice and the discomfort will go away with practice, or is there some thing wrong in my approach which gives me the discomfort, and can something be done to improve it?

Heart felt gratitude.

1. One should learn the proper technique of applying any Asana and then proceed.

2. The duration should be gradually increased and never all of a sudden. Then there will be no issue.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.