Celibacy/Abstinence/Tension in the genital area

Hi Dhananjay,
My question is the following.
I'm the second week into Brahmacharya and I feel a lot of discomfort in the genital area almost everyday. I'm pure in thoughts, do not let a single sexual thought to be, but I find this very hard, I'm constantly horny, even if I take cold showers (room temperature/slightly colder water).
I'm frustrated and all the way have an apathy for everything, I have no will to do something.

Apply the suggested Yoga Sadhana properly. Busy the body with regular physical exercise & the mind with constructive work. Things will stabilize in due course.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.