Celibacy/Abstinence/Damage through improper practice

Question
Hello Dhananjay,

thank you for providing this service.

Two and a half months ago, I (36) practiced Uddiyana bandha for the first time and maybe a bit excessively - and most probably not correctly.
Ever since, I feel dizzy most of the day and it seems as if I cannot move my eyes as quickly as before.
Rigorous physical activity makes the vertigo more intense and it will stay that way for 2-4 days afterwards; if I stay physically inactive as much as I can (except for the normal day-to-day activities), it will gradually decrease in intensity without going away completely.
Walking around in a dimly lit room also makes it worse.
I also feel a pain in the chest area coupled with a difficulty in breathing after doing something physically a little more demanding, which is something I have never experienced before.

Overall it feels as if a valve in my body has been compromised so that too much pressure is let into my head.

Although I do not trust academic medicine, I had to report this to a doctor for work-related reasons. So far my eyes and the inner ear have been tested, and everything checked out ok. Next on the list of tests is an MRI, but I refuse to undergo such a procedure after having read about the horrible side effects some people got from that. As far as I understand, it is just to exclude the possibility of a tumor, which I know is not the cause - explaining that to the doctors will be another story though.

For the time being, I have completely stopped practicing Pranayama.

My questions:
1) Do you happen to know if the damage is permanent?
2) If not, is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process aside from practicing Brahmacharya? (I have physical Brahmacharya for three months now, still struggling with the mental part)

Answer
1. Thee issue will tide away in the course of time. Pranayama techniques should be very gradually applied, as suggested in past answers with a life of Yoga & Brahmacharya, following the complete lifestyle suggested. Overexerting or speeding up the practices should not be resorted to.

2. Do that which does not cause discomfort, gradually and smoothly and meditate for an hour a day. Sadhana will get established in the course of time.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay