Celibacy/Abstinence/Physical exercise/problems

I am sorry to ask you about this once again, but I require your help and guidance here once again.

I know you have suggested moderate physical exercise to all, but for some strange reason, whenever I exercise, I become obsessed with it, and my mind fantasizes about combining a diet/exercise plan to get a slim/muscular physique at a low body fat percentage. My mind for some reason, is filled with these desires, ever since I started regular physical exercise. I find myself examining the physiques of others and staring at large muscular actors, wanting to obtain their level of physiques.

I think the cause of all this is starting physical exercise. I find myself with an intrinsic and unstoppable desire to go to the gym and exercise, not moderately, but for the sake of large muscle/strength gains etc...

Every time I see another man, my mind sometimes thinks about fighting him or her, or wrestling with him or her, and demonstrating physical strength. In fact, at the moment, it is obsessed with it. I also find I am much more physically conscious, constantly checking the definition of my abs and my muscles to see if they are in perfect condition. It is like my old days, when I used to weight lift and body build obsessively.

Whenever I walk into the gym, the rajasic and body-attached environment that pervades there permeates into my mind, and I myself become more attached to the body. This is a large, severe problem for me, as I cannot have any peace of mind during the day.

I desperately beg for your guidance. I know you have suggested physical exercise, but in other answers, you have said that if asanas are done properly, that is enough for transmutation. I desperately seek an answer and your guidance on this subject, as physical exercise is bothering me greatly, and all the above problems did not exist prior to not starting regular Western physical exercise.

I desperately seek your guidance and instructions. Hopefully, your grace will alleviate the situation.

1. One will take recourse to that form of physical activity which his/her Prarabdha dictates. It may be through Yogasana, weight training, sports or some other. Each Jiva differs.

2. When one persists with single minded devotion to merge into the Lord, the path becomes known. It is to be known through direct revelation and not suggestion.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.