Celibacy/Abstinence/Some questions.

Revered Sir,

1. Can tea (regular Indian version) be had, if one feels more energetic after drinking it when compared with drinking ragi/wheat malt.

2. When I wake up in the morning, and perform asanas, I start feeling hungry after sometime, before the completion of the set of asanas. What can be done to prevent this. I usually eat one chapati, and some fruits and one or two vegetables, the previous evening around 7 PM.

3. Kindly give me some advice on getting deep sleep despite of distractions like noise of traffic, which never stops even during the night.

4. After 6 30 AM I get involved in the household activities.  Often, I can't wake up early enough for Sadhana due to tiredness or lack of sleep, and I end up missing the Sadhana, and feel extremely sad and very frustrated. Often the frustration affects me through out the day. I feel disturbed.
What can I do to help myself wake up in the morning and do the Sadhana, no matter how tired I feel, or how disturbed my sleep was.

Thank You very much for the kind help.

1. Tea and coffee are preferably avoided in the initial years. Even if one consumes, there should not be any addiction or attachment for the same.

2. Drink a glass of milk and eat a banana before practice.

3. When Sadhana gets established, night-sleep also becomes deep.

4. There should be a burning urge from within to achieve proper Sadhana at all costs. One should make Sadhana the first priority in life. Such determination will eventually pave the way.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.