Celibacy/Abstinence/Why Siddhi-s are to be ignored?

Why siddhi are considered bad and ignored in yoga? I never seen a truly big siddhi in my life. But when I started brahmacharya and meditation practices mainly to possess a better health and achieve longevity I was 25-26 years old but I knew that because my early life of impurity and debauchery I lost part of my hair in the front of my head and so many people said to me I should buy some shampoo or related products to prevent any additional hair loss in the future since I was young but prone to hair loss in that part. So I was ashamed of this situation.

I know it sounds stupid to say this now, but I did something similar to a healing to myself after some months of brahmacharya or discipline. I lied down on bed, concentrated in meditation and putting my hand on that part of my head. While saying to myself mentally that the hair should come again like for 2 hours during night. And then only few days later my hair was back again as in past years. I remember very well when I concentrated like that I didnt feel my hand touched the head or as if they existed anymore, I felt I was just the mind. 5 years passed and im still the same. So this could be used to heal oneself and achieve longevity, it is not that bad according to some religions like the tao school.

1. Does it matter whether one has or doesn't, a head full of hair in a dream? The waking state is no different to the dream state, for all belong to the realm of the Asat (unreal illusion).

2.Siddhi-s increase attachment to the unreal. Why does one intentionally develop a Siddhi? It is to demonstrate something from one's Ego to other Ego-s (people). Had there been no one to watch, a Siddhi would have no meaning. So it all amounts to self-aggrandizement of the false Ego, distancing oneself from his real Atmic state. It will eventually push man into much more suffering.

Despite not being the illusory Ego, being pure consciousness, infinite, all powerful, desire-less, full of bliss, with infinite peace, one is striving to strengthen his identification with the petty Ego which is impure, finite, powerless, full of desire, bereft of bliss and devoid of peace. It is like a king who has forgotten his king-hood and is striving to become a beggar.

3.The aim of Yoga is 'Yuj' (union with one's true self) and nothing else. Therefore, other objectives are not of any value. Just as a man who wakes out of a dream realizes that the dream was unreal, one realizes the fallacy of the waking state, as being nothing more than a dream, upon 'Atmasakshatkara' (self-realization). For this simple reason, the wise Yogi does not hanker after the Asat (unreal) but ever keeps his mind fixed on the truth within.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.