Celibacy/Abstinence/Solution to Problem

Dear Sir,

I've followed your posts for quite some time and have asked you questions previously. I have a few doubts and I would appreciate some detailed answers from yo with regards to how I should proceed on the path of yoga sadhana. I am an American who became disillusioned with the commercial manner of yoga teaching here and sought to learn from genuine realized souls like Swami Sivananda and Ramana Maharishi and what little I know today is owed to them.

1) My periods of absolute brahmacharya are vigorous but short. The energy required to maintain absolute purity wanes as I face stress in life and I end up, after a few months, foolishly abusing myself and losing veerya in the process.

Would you say that it is advisable for me to engage in my sexual fantasies with women such that I get these desires out of my system (I am a 21-year old virgin)? Every time I embark on a period of sadhana, I get the feeling "oh, I wonder how actual carnal pleasure would feel like" and my sadhana breaks at some point. Please explain the route I should take and the rationale. I feel that if I experience these physical sensations, I can sooner overcome them.

2) Are you a vegetarian? Your past answers have given the impression that perhaps you eat some meat or fish products. I do not like the taste of meat or fish but I do eat eggs, and would like to know if they are relatively sattwic as compared to meat and fish. I am an athlete and strongman (and need to take appropriate food for this role).

3) One terrible health problem that afflicts me is Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which involves terrible bouts of daily constipation, feeling of incomplete bowel evacuation, etc. Are there yogic postures, foods, or sadhana techniques that would mitigate this?

I know that the correct stance is to humbly try one's best and leave the rest to HIM. However, as a pursuant on this path, it would be very helpful to gain some detailed guidance from you.

1. Sexual relations if any, should be with one's lawfully wedded life partner, which is taken to its natural purpose of progeny at the earliest.

2. Eating that which is required for one's life activity, to the required extent, poses no harm. Vegetarian food is recommended for the beginner, as the beginner, who is very vulnerable to the onslaught of passions, benefits from its Satwic nature.

3. Further to proper application of all the methods of Sadhana suggested earlier, the issue of IBS will eventually go away.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.