Celibacy/Abstinence/Curbing useless imagination

When to allow the mind to indulge in fanciful yet harmless imagination (and useless activities) and when to restrain it by the practice of vichara? I don't want to oppress my mind and see it rebel nor do I want to lose track of sadhana. I am looking for your guidance. My mind has tendencies to indulge in useless imagination and useless intellectual activities.

1. When one is intent on Sadhana in the quest of the self, one need not plan anything. Things occur as they should.

2. One can then indulge in any constructive activity, hobby or avocation of ones choice, at leisure, and enjoy the same.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.