Celibacy/Abstinence/Leadership Qualities

Hi Dhananjay,

Today I wish to ask 2 questions.

1) Do leadership quality have anything to do with Brahmacharya.

2) Do people have the tendency to follow one who practice Brahmacharya.

This 2 issues surface in my personal life, I have the thinking that Brahmacharya also come with added responsibilities. Like work life for example.

I am looking forward for your reply

Best Regards,

1. The conserved energy can help a leader become better at his work.

2. External appearance may not tally with what is inside. Overall, it can be known that conserved vital energy helps one perform better in any activity, as compared to the performance bereft of Brahmacharya.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.