Celibacy/Abstinence/Transmutation of Semen

Hi dhananjay,

Today i want to ask if the pratice of yoga is essesntial to the rise of semen?
My belief is that yoga help in the control of body and mind and these attributes speed up the process.

I have seen that some people with devotion without yoga background are able to walk the path of spirituality.

However i notice these attributes that is essential:
Right thoughts-celibacy
Right knowledge
Right food
Strong devotion.

I have walk this path for quite some time. However, I do not take in the right food and my devotion is weak. I don t believe in the divine but i believe in the path of brahmacharya.

I strongly believe that Brahmacharya is the right path that one should follow and is more important and more realistic than god. I think that i will fail in understanding god in my life but the pratice of brahmacharya is within my reach :)

Ultimately can i say that brahmacharya and the idea of reaching god is the same ?

Sorry for the long post.

1. What is required for transmutation, is to merge the mind into the Atman (self). Yoga Sadhana is one such means. There are also other means such as intense Bhakti (devotion) etc.

2. That feeling of rightness which one feels in Brahmacharya is itself God. It is of the nature of bliss, peace and contentment, free from wants or desire.

3. Residing in and as one's Atman (self) is Brahmacharya. Such residence is the truth and no different from God, who is of the nature of one's own self, one without a second.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.