Celibacy/Abstinence/Body size

Question
QUESTION: Sir,

I am here to complain about my present state of affairs. I know you have said the body eventually becomes lean, wiry, taut in the case of a yogi that eats "mitahara" and this eventually results in a lean body. But how long will it take to reach this state?

This is quite ridiculous because presently I am around 190 pounds. My stomach bulges out of my suit, and I look overweight to many. I have followed every single yogic regulation and "mitahara." When you told me "indirectly" to eat more, I gained 11 pounds of fat in a month and a half, and now my shirts look fat on me rather than small and lean. I can't go to the gym because my mind is easily aroused by women and I can't focus on working out. It's like I'm stuck being fat and obese.

You told me to observe mitahara, but I AM still fat and remaining fat. I do moderate physical exercise and yet I am still fat. In my weightlifting days, I used to be leaner and did not have this problem. Why now? Even though I do yogic practices twice a day and moderate exercise on top of this? Please give me instructions.

IF I EAT "MITAHARA," I just gain fat and look fat/obese. If I eat too little, I lose weight but I feel weak and unable to do yogic practices. There is no correct moderation or medium for this useless body. I curse my faulty constitution.

Yoga is not supposed to make one obese, yet I look obese and quite chubby. When will I have a lean body and not have to worry about this? I've quit regular Western exercise because I'm easily aroused at the gym and I simply don't have the time for it because I do yogic practices twice a day. I beg for your help; even my relatives say I'm becoming fat once again.

ANSWER: 1. Constitutions differ from person to person. Being plump is not essentially unhealthy for those with such a constitution, just as being overtly lean and rickety is not unhealthy, for those which such genes. There are a large no. of people on either side, who enjoy health and well being.

2. Stay with moderate food and exercise. One should neither eat little, nor overeat. Food consumed should be right enough to sate hunger, yet not cause heaviness. Do this much with the suggested Yogic discipline and stop worrying about the body, which will be fine, immaterial of whether it is plump or wiry. Excessive concern on the body, is not to be indulged in.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Alright sir... so I've been following the advice given above. Right now, I see how cunning and depraved other people are in my life... they think I'm a fool, and they continuously try to manipulate me. I'm just ignoring them but I'm starting to despise these other people and their wiles.

Also sir, my parents, relatives, and everyone close to me is calling me fat and overweight on multiple occasions and saying I've gained too much weight. They almost make a hobby to call me overweight. I'm taking your advice and not worrying about the body or what others say. I assume this is the right approach when it comes to these things?

Answer
1. What others think is not one's business. Such fancy is the first impediment to Sadhana. One does his Dharma and remains quiet.

2. If your Sadhana to realize HIM is honest and unbroken, everything else will be taken care of. There is no cause for worry. Hence do the needful and be quiet in the self.

ॐ तत् सत्

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay