Celibacy/Abstinence/Drawn into conversation

Hi Sir,

Sometimes I meet my roommate and one things leads to another, and I naturally get drawn and absorbed into needless conversations. He is a worldly man and I was wondering if you have advice on limiting myself from interacting with him and not getting into useless conversations. Should I just keep aloof and introverted and self-centered? That seems to be the best approach but I wanted your advice. If I do so, I will naturally look arrogant and aloof .

One should be polite and brief in interactions, for excessive talk wastes resources and becomes an impediment to residence in the self. If you hold on to the self, that truth, that peace, you will know what to talk, how much to talk and when to remain silent. That is the way.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.