Celibacy/Abstinence/Drawn into conversation

Question
Hi Sir,

Sometimes I meet my roommate and one things leads to another, and I naturally get drawn and absorbed into needless conversations. He is a worldly man and I was wondering if you have advice on limiting myself from interacting with him and not getting into useless conversations. Should I just keep aloof and introverted and self-centered? That seems to be the best approach but I wanted your advice. If I do so, I will naturally look arrogant and aloof .

Answer
One should be polite and brief in interactions, for excessive talk wastes resources and becomes an impediment to residence in the self. If you hold on to the self, that truth, that peace, you will know what to talk, how much to talk and when to remain silent. That is the way.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay