Celibacy/Abstinence/Gaining knowledge of a particular subject

QUESTION: I was just wondering is it better to gain knowledge(computers for example) through meditation or should we keep reading books the traditional way until I achieve photographic memory

ANSWER: Learn from the books, absorb the essence, apply in practice, contemplate on the shortcomings and vacate those. That will lead to perfection.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: So does this mean I might have to read a computer science book 5 to 20 times to understand and memorize it?

ANSWER: One who absorbs the essence does not memorize. It is there in him, for ever.

ॐ तत् सत्

QUESTION: I'm sorry I'm a bit confused. What do you mean by absorb the essence?

When the finger is burnt on touching a flame, the essence of heat is realized for ever. Does such a one need to memorize the sensation of heat?

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.