Celibacy/Abstinence/Prayer in the Night and Fasting

Beloved Dhananjay,

Al-Isra verse 79 includes that we should wake in the middle of the night for recitation. I try to meditate 3 times a day for 10 to 20 minutes besides my 2 major sadhanas. The Quran's word of God includes that we should pray 5 times a day to God. I am only skeptical at the moment about this prayer time, but I'm sure that I will incorporate it into my schedule for power resulting from self-discipline. What is your take on this prayer time?

Also, my fast day was spectacular this last Sunday. Is it safe to fast every Sunday on fruit juice? You specified fruit juice for my fast only. What is the consequence of drinking milk, vegetable juice, and water too?

Thank you,

1. Sadhana can be resorted to at the four 'Sandhi kala-s', as described earlier.

2. One can include milk, water and vegetable juices, if he so wishes, while fasting to correct overeating. Unnecessary fasting is neither required, nor beneficial. Moderate food 'Mitahara' is the way.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.