Celibacy/Abstinence/Role of destiny

Question
Sir, you said about "what is destined to happen" in a previous answer.
Do you believe that everything that is destined, you happen even with we try to change our path? Don't we have free will? What is the destiny in your view?

For example, the amount of time that I will be able to stay a celibate is destined by GOD and if I "fail" it will be because of HIS will? Or it has more to do with karma and my previous actions?

Answer
1. Whose free will? Free will concerns the Ego, which puts effort. That is as much, as is within its purview. One's right ends at putting efforts in the right direction, as per one's Dharma.

The fruits of action however are not entirely dependent on one's efforts alone. They are dependent on one's past karma and the will of the higher power, which is running the show. These factors govern ones 'destiny', which is already scripted in the divine order. One cannot change it.

2. Who is staying celibate? Who fails or succeeds? It is again the Ego and not the Atman (pure self), which is beyond these things. Hence as long as the 'I-Ego' functions, as long as things are done with doership, it is the 'I' which is responsible for the outcome of such actions, though it is the Supreme power alone, whose power is sustaining the 'I' [just as it is the red glass responsible for red light emanating from it, though the light passing through it is that of the Sun]

Hence the knowers of the truth do not impose their individual will on any matter, but remain neutral, as mere witnesses, allowing the will of the Lord to manifest. To such a one, there is no karma, though he may be displaying external actions, as governed by his Dharma.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay