Celibacy/Abstinence/Sadhana perspective

In my sadhana, sometimes I have the perspective of clinging to the Self to realize the Self. Other times, I have the perspective of surrendering to the Divine, as in opening to truth or God from which Grace would be bestowed upon me. Though it seems that each perspective is the opposite side of the same coin, is either one more correct? Is it advisable to adopt one perspective and stay with it?

Both are one and the same. When one holds on to the self, it is surrender to the divine and he who surrenders to the divine is in residence in the self. The grace is always there, for one is grace himself.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.